9/5/11

M83 - MIDNIGHT CITY



Can't seem to wait for Hurry Up, We're Dreaming. The album won't come fast enough. Seriously, the album need to do some hurrying because I can't seem to take much more of their mind screwing single, Midnight City. The song makes me feel as though I'm riding through the grid on a lightcycle with Tron; we somehow breakthrough the barrier and end up in a futuristic, cyber punk New York City. Tron Legacy Reconfigured doesn't exist here (or maybe it's the only thing that exists, who knows). We're happy. We're free.




Cue in trippy vocals and electronic beats. Where is this saxophone like noise coming from? I did not invite you! You're throwing off the sweet non-mainstream vibe (via trend heard in Katy Perry and Lady Gaga).


But for real... the album really does need to hurry up. I know we're waiting in a car. I've waited in many cars. I remember waiting for friends in the back of a car, watching them as they climbed on a roof in attempt to stalk someone. True story. Actually it was a lot more boring than it seems. It's pretty fun how indie masterminds turn the mundane into an epic song.